Who says a good cheesecake has to be complicated to make? Sometimes the simplest recipes give the best results. Well, in my books I think that…
Cheesecake seems to be one of those popular desserts you prefer to buy rather than make. Simply put by many home cooks who have attempted this tasty treat; working with gelatine turns a pleasant baking experience into a frustrating and complicated one.
This ‘no- bake cheesecake’ recipe has been in the Swan family for many years. Shane’s gran shared it with me and it’s been one of those desserts I keep up my sleeve when catering for a get together. This recipe has been tried, tested and approved by the Swan family, and me (of course); this is the real ‘no-bake cheesecake’ recipe deal!
What makes this recipe even better; it only requires a handful of ingredients and does not use any gelatine! So, this post is dedicated to all those home cooks who have tried and failed at cheesecake (especially when using gelatine). This recipe is your saving grace!
1 Packet Tennis Biscuits (or digestive biscuits)
1 Can condensed milk
250g Smooth cottage cheese
120g Margarine, melted
½ Cup lemon juice
- Crush biscuits and add melted marge.
- Press biscuit mixture into microwave dish – leave in fridge.
- Mix condensed milk and cottage cheese – trying to get as many lumps out.
- Gradually add the lemon juice – you don’t need to use all of it (taste as you add).
- Pour into biscuit base and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Leave in fridge to cool and add your desired topping.