Happy Easter everyone!
This year, we have not made much effort on stocking up on those sickly sweet Easter chocolate eggs, but there is one thing we can’t skip having during this time of year….and that is Hot Cross Buns! This Easter bun and butter pudding is seriously a lovely treat and will go a long way with all the family members stopping in for a visit.
I found the idea in a document someone sent me quite a while back, and it just so happened that I went through it before Easter…and boy am I glad I did! I did tweak it to suit what I had available, but I think the beauty of this recipe is that you can add what you like and skip the things you don’t.
Here’s hoping you and your family have a great long weekend, eating lots of lovely Easter treats like this one I’m about to share.
6 Hot cross buns
3 – 4 Tbsp Apricot jam
50g Castor sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut hot cross buns into slices.
- Spread butter and jam liberally on each slice.
- Arrange in a baking dish.
- Whisk the eggs and castor sugar in a bowl, then add the cream and milk and whisk until all are mixed together thoroughly.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sliced buns in your baking dish.
- Sprinkle nutmeg over the buns.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until golden brown and the egg mixture looks set.
- You can use whatever flavour jam you prefer.
- You can add nuts, chocolate chips, and fruit to make this even more enjoyable.