Prawn, Mushroom & Bacon Pasta
There are always nights when you really don’t want to fuss over food or simply would like something quick to whip up. Even though I love cooking, especially from scratch, I do have days when I’d prefer to not spend too much time in the kitchen. I admit; sometimes I “cheat” and use a sachet from Knorr which takes away a lot of the effort needed to make something. I love Knorr products; they don’t have that plastic, fake taste some sachets produce.
This Prawn and bacon pasta is pretty painless to make, especially if you have Knorr’s handy Chicken a la King sachet! I am addicted to the taste of it, it is creamy and truly delightful. Even the best of us, have our own shortcuts for midweek meals. I wouldn’t suggest you use these ‘cheats’ all the time, but they are good to have on these lazy cooking days.
Here is an easy pasta dish to whip up this week for your ‘night off’… And don’t forget to vote for me!
250g Fettuccini pasta
1 Punnet button mushrooms, sliced
1 Onion, sliced
1 Pkt Bacon, streaky or back bacon diced
400g Pink prawns (or you could substitute the prawns for chicken breast pieces)
1 Sachet Knorr Chicken a la King
1 tsp Garlic, crushed
Salt & Pepper
- In a pot fry the sliced onions until translucent, then add mushrooms, cook until softer.
- Add garlic to the mix, and then the diced bacon until browned.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook until chicken is cooked through. (This step is only if you are opting for the chicken instead of the prawns).
- In a jug add 500ml of milk and empty Knorr sachet contents into the milk. Add this mixture to the frying pot with bacon, mushrooms and onions. Stir until milk has thickened a bit and add salt and pepper.
- In a separate deep pan, fill with water, add a lot of salt and bring to the boil. Once boiling add your pasta and boil for 7 – 8 minutes (or as per packet instruction).
- To cook the prawns, bring a separate pan of shallow water to the boil, place a colander above with prawns in, put a lid over and allow to steam for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Once all steps are complete, mix all ingredients together and serve.
Note: To bulk up the pasta dish add your choice of cooked/steamed veggies.