I would love to win with the Hot Potato Blogger Challenge because this take on ‘potato salad’ is not only nutritious; it’s easy to put together and tastes yummy. Yes, nutritious and yummy in one sentence sounds bizarre but this really is! The inspiration from this dish is from my love for all sorts of salads, and well of course potato salad, but my mission was to keep this salad healthy, fun, appealing and tasty.
Try it out for your next weekend braai; it’s perfect to share with big crowds or a large family.
8 Baby Potatoes
8 Rashes Streaky bacon
1 Block Feta, cubed
100g Packet Lamb lettuce, baby butter & watercress
¼ Red Pepper, thinly sliced
½ Onion, sliced
Handful Sugar snap peas
1 Tablespoon Olive oil
Salt & Pepper
1. In a small sauce pan, place baby potatoes add water to just cover.
2. Place sauce pan on stove over a medium heat, and boil potatoes until tender (about 20 minutes).
3. Preheat oven to 180® C.
4. Once the potatoes are tender, drain out the water and wrap one bacon rash around each potato.
5. Place the bacon wrapped potatoes on a baking tray and place in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
6. While waiting for the potatoes, in a bowl place the lamb lettuce, baby butter and watercress.
7. Mix in the olive oil and salt and pepper, coating all the leaves lightly.
8. Place the lamb lettuce, baby butter and watercress leaves on a serving dish, place sliced onions, red pepper, sugar snap peas and feta on top.
9. Once the potatoes are done, allow to cool for 5 minutes and then place on the salad.